Thursday, January 1, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!! ONLY 1 WEEK TO GO!!!!!

Today is January 1st and we have 1 week to go!!!
Wow, if anyone had told me the time from Oct. 31st to now would have gone this fast I would have said no way!!! Now I'm getting nervous that I won't be ready. I do things best at the last minute but am trying really hard to do some thing for the trip everyday.To think that in a little over 1 week I will finally get to hold my precious little girl. I have so many emotions, excitement, nervousness, a little fear. And of course there is the dreaded 13+ hour plane ride. But I will do anything to get there and see our little one.
Today I have been reflecting alot about the people we have"met" along the way. People whom I have not meet and may never meet. people who have made this journey wondrous and bearable. It has been amazing to see how this adoption community joins together. First our agency friends Dana and Mike. We could have never done this with out them!!!There's the RQ special needs group that will answer any question you might have. There's the Zhanjiang Orphanage grpup who have all adopted children from Sierra's orphanage. They have provided me with glimpses into Sierra's past, a past I will never really know enough about. They have sent me pictures so that now I have over 30 pictures of Sierra form the time she was about 18 months old until now. These pictures are gifts whose worth are priceless and I am grateful to all of you.(Thank you Vickie, The Hamptons, Val and Patti) There are the families who are from the same agency who have given me tons of support and have taught me alot about opening your hearts to adoption(Joy , Linny and Sharla)) And there is our travel group of 14 families who I WILL get to meet next week when we all arrive in China!!! Unless you have experienced it you never would really know how much you need these people
Although the road has been bumpy at times, I can never say enough about the people who have helped us along the way. I will have wonderful stories to share with Sierra about all the wonderful people who shared in our excitement to bring her home.


One week to go!! One week to get on a plane travel, half way around the world and meet ONE VERY SPECIAL LITTLE GIRL!! We are ONE VERY HAPPY FAMILY!!!

6 comments:

Donna said...

Hi Kathie,

Happy New Year! All I can say is I CAN'T BELIEVE WE LEAVE IN ONE WEEK! I'm excited, nervous, happy and scared all rolled into one!

I'm really looking forward to meeting you.

Donna :)

Patientlywaiting said...

Congrats, soon you will have Sierra in your arms! I can't wait to follow your journey in China!

Hugs,
Robin

Somewhere In The Sun said...

I remember being really nervous that last week too. It is so exciting too that you will be there to see all of the CNY decorations. They are so beautiful! We were there last year at this time. I'm really looking forward to following your journey to Sierra!

~Lynn & Olivia

Mom Of Many said...

Hey Kathie,
I just got your comment about my wood stove - how cool is that?? I LOVE it!! So sweet to have a God-moment in the midst of the hustle and bustle of life...

I am so excited that you are leaving in less than 36 hours...Yipppee Jesus!!

I didn't find what day you are actually going to meet Sierra...I want to be praying specifically, so remind me or tell us!!

Also, if there are any special prayer requests - I will be checking regularly and if its at night, I will ask the Lord to wake me up should you need special prayer, OK?? Either way email me at any time...

APlaceCalledSimplicity@yahoo.com
OR
PastorLinn@iriverchurch.com

I am so thankful that you will soon have your precious little Sierra in your arms...and I cannot wait to see the pictures!!

Much love from our log cabin to you,
Linn

Linda said...

Safe and Happy travels to the beginning of the next part of your life. I'm Donna's mom and I know you will be meeting in China. Needless to say I will be on the blogs with tears in my eyes just watching for all of you and your beautiful children. Prayers and Hugs being sent that your first few days are easy and the first smile is only the first of many..... Linda

Anonymous said...

Hi, Good Luck & can't wait to meet Sierra.