Well, I have to say counting down the weeks this way does make the time seem to move a bit faster. 6 weeks from today we get on a plane at Newark airport and head for China!!!! So in honor of the day I am going to list 6 things that I am extremely thankful for!!!
1. My husband I have the most wonderful husband I could ask for. Anyone who can put up with me is pretty terrific anyhow!! He takes such good care of this family and of me. When I am sick he always can make me feel better. When I'm cold he makes me a cup of tea. He does the laundry everyday and even folds it!! He cooks, he cleans, pays the bills and he always makes time to spend with us!! He believes, like me that its important to give back to your community.
And he is go ing to be an amazing father. When people ask me why at the age of 49 am I starting all over, I tell them that I want Scott to come home from work and have a liitle person meet him at the door yelling Daddy, Daddy!! I can hardly wait!
2. My 3 sons (sounds like a TV show)I can't imagine my life without my 3 sons. They are my greatest accomplishment and joy. I was fortunate enough to have been able to stay home for 14 years and spend every minute of their lives watching them grow. I thank God every day that I was able to do that. I loved every minute of it. They are incredible young men and I am so very proud of them. They take care of me in a way that makes me feel so special. They are also each others best allies and each one can count on each other for their support. I am lucky that they live close by but yet they are starting their own lives. And I am so happy for them!! Well David is still here with us, he's only 17!!!
3. Family and friends I am so lucky to have the brother and sister that I do. Although my sister lives in Maryland we are very well connected. I am never so happy as when she comes to visit. It is a bond like no other! Luckily my brother lives close by. I don't see him as much as I would liike but he is always there if I need him. Although my parents are gone I have numerous aunts, uncles and cousins who I am still close to. And Scotts family!!!! Oh how I love how they took my 3 boys and I into their hearts. I will be forever grateful to them for their acceptance. And they are so looking foward to Sierra's arrival!! I could not have even started this process without the help of my loving and caring friends. Each and everyone has supported me throughout this process. Also in years past when my parents were so ill some of these same friends were like rocks. They have been there for all the tough times in my life and I treasure them. They know who they are.
4.Health Although all around me I have friends and family battling serious health issues, I am thankful for the good health my family and I have. It is NOT to be taken for granted. As my brothers girlfriend Diane battles her newly diagnosed breast cancer, I am well aware how quickly that could change. She is facing it with great courage and grace and we all pray for a wonderful result!!! Also I am thankful that Sierra's health is, from all appearances and reports , good!!! Lets hope all reports will be equally positive when we get her home!
5. My community I started this post this morning but had to leave because our town was putting on its first ever free Thanksgiving luncheon. All members of the community chipped in to create this amazing feast that we served at our Community Center. Scott and David were up early this morning to go to the fire house to cook and mash 50 lbs of potatoes. The local churches made pies. The school PTF made breads, the town board cooked the turkeys,, etc. etc. I am so lucky to live in a community that cares about the people who live there. They will welcome Sierra with open arms!!!!
6. This adoption experience When we first started this journey we really didn't know what to expect and how long it would take. Although there have been some bunps in the road, I would not have traded this experience for anything. I had no idea how many children are living in orphanages around the world. (Please if anyone is considering adopting, check into it. It will change your life forever and the life of a child.) We have "met" some pretty inspiring people along the way. I think many of these people will remain connected with us. The support in the adoption network is undescribable. Everyone helps everyone else. People from all walks of life who have one thing in common. They want to change the life of a child. We are overwhelmingly blessed to have been matched with Sierra. When I look at her sweet face I know that she is the child we were meant to have. Soon we will know more about who she is and how she will change our lives. Being thankful barely expresses how we feel......
Every day I thankGod who has made all this possible, for the wonderful life he has given me!!
I wish all of you a blessed and joyous holiday!!!