Thursday, December 18, 2008

Just 3 weeks to go!!!!!!


I can't believe we have only 3 more weeks before we get on a plane and head to China!!!!! And I know this week will go fast because I am so not ready for Christmas to arrive!!!!!! And lots of snow is coming our way!!!!!!!!



Anyway, as I was thinking of what to write about the number 3 , it hit me. It was 3 years ago in January, towards the end that we got serious about sending in our adoption application to the agency we chose. In February 2006 we received a letter saying that we had been accepted as a client. Although at the time we had not considered a SN child, a miracle was unfolding. Just a few weeks before, on January 24th 2006 a little girl was brought to the Zhanjiang SWI. They estimated her birthday to be the day before. She was found in a paper box, with a pink outfit on and a red blanket covering her. They named her Zhan Wei Xi. We did not know it then but this was to be our precious little Sierra. This jurney has lasted 3 long years, but the end result is worth every minute of the wait. We are traveling to be united with a little girl who has also waited 3 years to be with her forever family. And on January 23 we will land on US soil with our daughter who will be turning.... yep you guessed it 3 on that day!!! She will also be joining her 3 wonderful brothers!! Her birthday will always be a special reminder of our journey to China to bring her home. Her birthday will start in her homeland and end in the country who has so graciously accepted her into their arms!! We just can not wait!!!!

1 comment:

Aaron and Erica said...

My name is Erica Hammond and my husband and I are adopting a little one from Zhanjiang SWI. I think we will be in China the same time! We leave on January 7th and return on the 22nd. I can't remember where I found your blog (maybe RQ) but I noticed that your child's name is similar to ours so I was wondering if she was also from Zhanjiang? Our daughter was transferred to True Children's Home in Dongguan when she was 11 months old, but we would still like to visit Zhanjiang if possible. I would love to chat w/ you via email if you are interested. My email is ericaterryhammond@hotmail.com. I can send you an invite to our blog if I get your email address.