Thursday, December 4, 2008

5 weeks to go!!!


I was sitting here trying to figure out what to write about 5 weeks. Good news since last week , we have our Travel Approval. We now have everything we need from the Chinese government to complete our travel plans. What we are waiting for now is our confirmation of our American Consulate Appointment. Our agency is requesting January 21st as the date. Hopefully we will hear tomorrow the 5th.


So I'm thinking what am I going to write about? And then I knew the story I have to tell. This is a story of 5 members of a family. This story is taking place right now in Uganda. My blogging and agency friend Linny is in Uganda with her two children, trying to get legal custody of 2 Ugandan babies their family would like to adopt. So Linny, Graham, Emma, Elijah and Elizabeth... that is 5!! I can not do this story justice. You have to read about it on their blog. It is http://www.aplacecalledsimplicity.blogspot.com/ It is an utterly amazing story of a family's love, faith and perseverance. A story unlike any I have ever heard. Please pray for them that the judge will let them have the babies. They are worried that they may only be able to take one. The judge will make the decision on Dec. 5th!!!!!


My heart was so touched today while I was reading my blog comments. There was a post from Linny, from Uganda, so excited that I had received my TA. Despite all her worries she is thinking of me. I cried and then rejoiced over the people we have "met" throughout this journey.


Thank you Linny, and I will pray for you and your family!!!!




My other new, good friend Joy, is leaving tomorrow on her trip to China to receive her son. I called her yesterday to wish her a safe and wonderful journey, It was so much fun being able to talk to her. Again, these are people we have shared so much with and yet... have never met.


Our prayers are with Joy and her family while they travel half way around the world!!! I can't wait to see you and Aric in the same picture!!!




So we wait some more... but every day that passes brings us closer to holding our little XiXi(she she). Christmas, although not what we expected back in May when we were matched with Sierra (oh yeah May is the 5th month of the year) will be a glorious time for us. The celebration of the birth of Christ(on Dec. 2 5th) is very special to us. We know that without his love, we would not be completing this journey of a lifetime!!!




So hopefully we will hear something about our CA tomorrow. Hopefully Linny will be able to leave Uganda with BOTH Elijiah and Elizabeth and hopefully Joy will have a turbulent free flight to China!!!!

3 comments:

Sharla M. said...

The perfect 5 week post! Praying with you for Linn!

Hugs,
Sharla

Carolin said...

I hope we hear something tomorrow too! I was really disappointed that we didn't hear today.

Donna said...

Hi Kathie, I've never been to Linny's blog before. What an amazing family with the biggest hearts!

Can you believe we'll be in China in 5 short weeks??

Donna :)