Monday, December 15, 2008

Fresh Snow


Recently I was online and I Googled the name Darius Cobb, who was my greatgrandfather. I never knew him, he died in 1919, but he was a well known artist in his day. He did many many portraits but liked to do landscapes also. While browsing on line I found this picture of his painting Fresh Snow. I absolutely fell in love with it. He used dark colors in many of his paintings but this one is so light. I love snow scenes and I love the two figures out on the sled. I wish I knew where it was. I know that it was sold at an auction in 2004 but I will have to do more sleuthing to find out where it is. I have paintings that my grandparents did but none from Darius. I was able to have printed a 11 x14 copy of the picture and have that framed. The original painting was only 9 x 12. I just wanted to share it with everyone!!!

1 comment:

Norma said...

very lovely. could it be a school house?