Tuesday, September 23, 2008

FALL IS HERE!!


There are many reasons that I love the fall!!! Living in upsate New York is wonderful this time of year. The night s are cool, great for sleeping. The days are perfect, not too hot and not too cool. They are just right. And there is nothing like the colors that blanket the trees as their leaves change from green to red to orange and gold!!! As for me personally it means the corn is coming down!! We have a 150 acre field behind our house that a farmer owns and farms. Most of the field is hay but some of it is corn( the kind the cows eat!!) When I look out my kitchen window in the summer I can only see the corn. But when fall comes little by little the corn is cut and used for silage(cow food). When the corn is all gone I get a view of the whole field. I can see the deer and coyotes again. When I sit in m y gazebo I can see the tip of Slide Mountain again. And I appreciate it so much more because it was taken away from me for a while. Today I came home and the corn was being cut. It gave me a small sense of joy. It doesn't happen all in one day, but someday soon I will get my view back. I will enjoy it for the rest of the fall, spring and part of the summer until the corn replaces it again. But its not forever and I will appreciate it even more!! Here is a picture I took today. When its all gone I will post a picture again!!

No comments: