Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A moment to share!!!

Here is a recap of the last few days. On Friday night we went to our favorite diner where Steve the owner was thrilled to meet Sierra. He had been waiting very patiently. Of course David had to show her how to blow off the cover of her straw. He then showed her how to put it back on so she could do it over and over again. What are big brothers for?

On Sunday Sierra and I went to Dylan's house for lunch. This is my favorite picture that I took that day, Sierra and Dylan eating bananas sitting on the counter. Toocute!


Giving her Daddy a goodnight kiss all dressed up in her flannel PJs!!!

What did I say big brothers were for? As soon as she sees Tim she wants him to throw her up in the air. I ususally look away but I couldn't resist getting this picture!!!!




Her and Paaul laughing together. She sure does love all her big brothers. I will post one of her and David next!!
She is doing awesome and we are loving every minute.
I have a moment to share with all of you. Back in Novwmber I gave Scota DVD slide show I had made up. On it were various pictures of China and the pictures we had recieived of Sierra. I also incorparated two songs. One was Over the Rainbow by Martina McBride and one was My Wish my Rascal Flatts. My Wish talks about what you wish for someone you love, it talks about not forgetting where you have been and the people who have loved you etc. Well get this. on the Friday we were leaving China, we sat in the airplane , a Southern CHINA airplane, waiting for take off. What should come on over the loud speakers but the song My Wish!! On a Chinese airline!! I looked at Scott, he looked at me and we both looked at our little Sierra(and of course I started bawling!!). I could not believe it. No way could this happen,(but for God, I know)!! To this day , I can not believe the timing. I will never forget that moment. Although I couldnot take a picture of it that moment is forever imprinted on my brain and in my heart. What a memory!!!

2 comments:

trina said...

Wow, Sierra's song! Alaina has a song,too and every time I hear it, I cry. Can't help it. It just reminds me of our wait for her and how much we love her. It reminds me of when she was a little baby and how I miss that little baby.They grow so fast.
Yep, the banana pic is way too cute. And oh my goodness...the airplane throw in the air. Joel does that with the kids and scares me to death.

Katrina said...

Very special moment and many more songs in your life Kathie. I wish you the best. And I hope we can see you one day!!! KJ