Monday, November 3, 2008

Still floating.




After 3 days I am still floating. It is such an incredible feeling to know that on January 8th we will be leaving to go get our daughter. I am so excited and nerevous at the same time. Will I remember everything, will the plane ride be OK, Will it be really cold in Beijing and what will it be in Guangzhou!! But I am so, so happy to be asking these questions. Our LOA arrived before 10:00 on Saturday. We signed it and brought it back to the Post Office to be sent back. I have included pictures of the Fed Ex guy and the ladies at the post office.

Next Monday night I will have a 2 hour telephone conference call and learn a lot more information from the person in charge of travel at our agency. This is so exciting!!!

3 comments:

Sharla M. said...

It is the most amazing feeling! I'm SO excited for you! Get ready for the journey of a lifetime!

Hugs,
Sharla

Alyson and Ford said...

It is a great time! We kept a journal, video taped every silly thing and snapped photos. It is hard to remember all the details and who knows what will catch the interest of our new child?
Congratulations!

Alyson
Alyzabeth's Mommy for Seven Weeks
LID 01/27/06

Karen said...

Kathie!

Hi ~ So nice to meet you! I can't wait to get to know you better and then meet you in person! We need to swap email addresses! Sierra is such a beautiful little girl! Oh, the other family that traveled with us when we adopted our second son (from Russia) named her daughter Sierra too! WOW!

Are you on any yahoo groups? I have a group called "To China With Love" that I'd love to invite you to join. It's public and open to AHH families who were logged in February 2006.

My head is still in the clouds! This is going to be a wonderful journey!

Karen